Reise Map of Tanzania
Why Reise World Mapping Project Maps are the best:
1) The World Mapping Project series of maps (in English, German, French and Spanish) have been created as a result of an ongoing, single-minded obsession with creating the ultimate in travel maps. They will just about get you anywhere you need to go within Africa. We first heard about them when Steve met a cyclist who was exploring Africa's hidden regions, on a trip from Cairo to the Cape. After Steve let the cyclist know that he had been frustrated by the map he used for our Zambia Product Test in June 2009, the adventurous cyclist highly recommended the Reise maps. (The cyclist told Steve that by following one of the tracks on the map he had even found a village in the middle of nowhere in Tanzania whose inhabitants still spoke German, despite not seeing a single outsider for decades!)
2) These maps show incredible detail and are clearly laid out, which makes them equally ideal for hardened overland travellers, cyclists and backpackers, as they are for those visiting luxury camps on flying safaris. From showing accurately the location of lodges and camps, to detailing seasonal pans and remote 4x4 tracks, these maps have it all. No matter the nature of your adventure, you will be the envy of all you meet while in Africa.
3) Please note that while the large title as above is in German, these maps are suitable for English, Spanish and French speakers with information and detailed indexes in all four languages.
4) These maps are all printed on unique plastic paper which is very hardy, rip and waterproof. They will survive all the dust, rain, and rough handling that Africa can throw their way, within reason of course.
5) As a result of all this, these are the maps we rely on when planning our product test expeditions in Africa.
How Many to Pack for your Safari:
1 per couple, but really up to you.